Stack o foam!

I know I’ve posted this image before but I figured I’d explain the image so you can see how I started the process,

I was originally going to use expanding foam for the body of the car but after discussing the project i realised the best way to replicate the look of sponge cake was to use actual sponge… well in this case old sofa cushions. 

So this is how many I got, they were mostly from an old sofa of my mums, they were in quite good condition so with a thorough spray with antibac I was happy to get to work 
Using my template, I carved out the begginings of the front of the car to form a rough shape (I thought the bonnet would be the most challenging section to carve so wanted to start here) I used an electric breadknife to get the basic shape and then finnished off with scissors for the minor shape adjustments.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s